Trisha Reloaded

Dedicated to Trisha, as always. Dedicated also to L, my source of inspiration, and the reason why I choose to see the bright side of teaching.

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Mass depression

It is comforting to know that today till tomorrow, I'm most certainly one of the 20,000+ teachers in Singapore who are fighting an onslaught of depression with the start of Semester 2. Misery loves company.

My dreaded Teacher's Record Book is next to my laptop now. Time to plan another 10 weeks of lessons. Better plan my English lessons properly, before the ang-moh teachers ascended en masse on our island, to show us local teachers how to teach English properly.

Sigh...first they agonize over the Chinese Language, now they want to mess around with English Language. An ex-Chinese teacher in my school shared with me that even the Chinese teachers from China (hence, native speakers of Mandarin) are not really that brilliant in their teaching, which makes you wonder why we think the ang-moh teachers are better than our local teachers.

I think I need valium now.

2 Comments:

At 7:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes misery loves company! :(

I'm currently doing me record book as well! Still, there is always the Youth Day Holiday to look forward too! :)

 
At 2:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

luckily my current school is not fussy about record books.. i really really really dreaded it in my previous..

k.. have fun later! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home