Trisha Reloaded

Dedicated to Trisha, as always. Dedicated also to L, my source of inspiration, and the reason why I choose to see the bright side of teaching.

Friday, June 16, 2006

Countdown

3 days more to 50% near perfect vision. 4 days more to 100% (fingers crossed).

My spectacles and contact lens paraphernalia (o screw the spelling!) are soon to be things of the past. Next Monday and Tuesday I'm going under the laser and I wait for this as eagerly as punters wait for the announcement of the 4D results.

What is it like to be able to wake up every morning, and see the clock, and my daughter sleeping peacefully next to my bed, without having to grope for my glasses? Indeed I have forgotten what it was like to have perfect vision since myopia claimed me as its victim when I was 13.

Now I wait, with bated breath. For a new, clearer, unhindered vision of the world around me. Now who wants to inherit my unused, unopened disposable Bausch & Lomb?

8 Comments:

At 7:53 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

i also underwent the laser before i left for oz for my degree. after only-god-knows-how-long-years of wearing spectacles, the feeling is quite invograting and free, i can assure you. :p

good luck for your operation! :)

 
At 9:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All the best, and take care!

 
At 3:46 AM, Blogger domestic rat said...

Clear unhindered vision? That's still a dream for specky me and sweet reality for you round the corner.

 
At 9:40 AM, Blogger Tym said...

I'm too cheap to opt for lasik. Plus I think I'd just take my restored vision for granted and my horrid reading and TV-viewing habits would just cause my eyesight to degenerate again ...

Btw, wasn't there a massive B&L recall a few months ago? :)

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger Ellipsis said...

lasik? ouch ouch...for your pockets. :)

hope it all goes smoothly.

 
At 8:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You kena myopia at 13? Don't complain; I kena in Pri 3 (I think). Now, I've got real powerful eyes... the power for each side is into 4-digits.

So how? Are you already reading this without glasses/lenses?

 
At 3:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i can feel your excitement as this was how i felt end of last year, a week before school started..

though tis rather costly, not having to battle a pair of spectacles in a classroom with no ventilation and suffer from dry eyes/eye infection from wearing contact lens for long long hours makes it a very good investment. :)

anyway, hope your eyes are healing well and have a good term ahead! :)

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger trisha said...

Ensui: It is great to be free from specs/contacts, isn't it! I can't believe why I didn't do this sooner.

Tym: I was referring to my B&L contacts, which are still useable.
Actually, I don't think your eyesight will deteriorate much further once you hit your mid 20's.

Thebro: Yes Yes Yes!!

Petals & Thatjedi: Thank you. My eyes are healing very well.

B.O.Y. :
Ouch indeed! That's why I didn't go for any vacation this June. In the long run, it's a good investment though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home